Avis collects and processes personal data, in accordance with the provisions of Law no. 677/2001 for the protection of natural persons regarding the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (with subsequent amendments) and the EU Regulation no. 679/2016 regarding the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data.
Through the terms and conditions of the Rental Agreement, Avis informs the persons concerned, whose data are collected, with regard to the manner and purpose in which such data is used and, at the same time, brings to the knowledge of the persons concerned their due rights.
a) Contact data:
AVIROMS Rent a Car S.R.L.
Registration no.: J40/10559/1994, Sole Identification Code 5771120
Address: Bucharest, no. 51 Theodor Pallady Bd., 4th floor, district 3
Telephone number: 021/210.43.44
b) Contact data of the person responsible for data protection:
Telephone number: 021/210.43.44
c) The purposes of the personal data processing
Avis collects personal data, which it may process for purposes such as:
- Providing car rental services (registration of the rental reservation, conclusion of the rental agreement, assistance services throughout the duration of the rental agreement, issuing fiscal documents);
- Observing legal provisions;
- Purposes of marketing/ promotion/ service quality evaluation for Avis/Budget (including through sending newsletter/ text message type messages);
- Resolving complaints;
- Issuing insurance certificates/ damage claims solutions;
- Issuing power of attorney for crossing the border;
- Issuing letters to bank entities for unlocking the pre-authorized amounts.
The legal grounds for collecting and processing the data of the persons concerned for each of the purposes defined above may be:
- The legitimate interest of Avis;
- The Rental Agreement which the person concerned is part of;
- The agreement of the person concerned;
- A legal obligation.
d) Recipients of the personal data
In the collection and storage flux, the personal data may be transferred, depending on necessity, to the following categories of recipients:
- State authorities (including fiscal authorities);
- Suppliers involved directly/indirectly in the rental process (for example, IT services suppliers, billing services suppliers, marketing services suppliers, newsletter, client satisfaction evaluation);
- Insurance companies;
- Car leasing companies;
- Bank institutions that issued the payment instruments used by the person concerned;
- The Avis Budget group.
e) The transfer of data outside the country
Within specific operational processes, Avis stores the collected personal data on the servers of the Avis Budget group, situated geographically outside of Romania.
f) Period for the storage of data
The personal data shall be kept for a time period mentioned in the specific legal provisions and as much as necessary for the purposes mentioned above.
g) The rights of the persons concerned
The persons concerned, whose data are collected by Avis, have the following rights, according to the legislation in the field:
- The right to request Avis, with regard to the personal data regarding the person concerned, access to such data, their rectification or deletion or the restriction of the processing or the right to oppose the processing, as well as the right to the portability of the data;
- The right to withdraw consent at any moment, without affecting the legality of the processing made based on the consent given before its withdrawal;
- The right to file a complaint before the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing.
Our Commitment To Data Security
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as your payment card number) during any registration or booking process, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information and personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
With this in mind we would ask you not to enter any payment card number into fields on our websites, unless that the field is specifically marked for that purpose.